NT Labs are a dynamic, market leading manufacturer of veterinary medicines to the ornamental aquatics industry. Established in 1982, NT Labs are a Kent-based, multi-award-winning supplier of medicines, water treatments, water test kits and fish foods servicing the koi, pond, tropical and marine aquarium markets. With full GMP-compliance, they are proud to be the first manufacturer in this industry to become fully licenced with the Veterinary Medicines Directorate. Their extensive product ranges are available from a network of specialist retailers based all over the world. They employ a passionate team of R&D, production, sales, quality control and marketing professionals. They are currently searching for a Quality Control Manager to join their enthusiastic, welcoming team.
Based at our site in Wateringbury, Kent, the position is 09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday.
Your main duties will include the following:
- Management of quality control procedures governing all starting materials used in the manufacturing process
- Conducting analytical chemistry techniques for the assay of raw chemicals and bulk materials
- Oversee manufacturing processes to ensure compliance with GMP guidelines
- Researching and developing validated analytical techniques where required
- Ensuring regulatory compliance of product labelling and marketing
- Formal release of Schedule 6 Veterinary Medicine Products (Exemption for Small Pet Animals) onto the market
- Managing various GMP systems, including change control, version control, self-inspection, and product quality reviews, as part of the quality management system
- Leading research and development to deliver improvements to existing products and generating novel products
Alongside these core responsibilities, there is the opportunity for a variety of additional activities working closely with other departments within the company, including marketing and manufacturing.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a relevant degree and an interest in fish to join our small, welcoming team. This is a rare opportunity to work in an ever-expanding company who is the UK market leader in the industry.
- Science degree or equivalent
- Experience with GMP guidelines
- Experience with laboratory techniques, including spectrophotometry and titrimetric assays
- Aquatic experience advantageous
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work logically and excel at troubleshooting
Competitive salary + benefits
Tagged in: News